How to remove a cat from a tree?
Talent to climb trees in cats’ blood. Even the most well-fed cat can easily climb a tree. But getting down from it is not so easy. Especially when it comes to a domestic cat who escaped and climbed a tree from fear. Unsuccessful “scouts” scream heart-rendingly, cling to branches or a trunk, are afraid to move and, it seems, are not going to overdo their fear. How to help them? How to remove a cat from a tree?
The cat climbed a tree: what to do?
1. The first thing to do is to eliminate potential scary factors. Perhaps the cat was frightened by the dog, which continues to walk nearby, crowds or firecrackers. It is very likely that the cat will descend from the tree itself when it realizes that it has nothing to fear.
2. Clean the area around the tree. Of course, it is not necessary to pick up candy wrappers, but it is better to remove fragments of glass, sharp sticks, stones and other dangerous objects. It is impossible to predict where the jumping cat will land. Try to protect her from injuries.
3. Soberly evaluate your strength. Even if in childhood you climbed the trees better than anyone, now a lot could change. You may still be in excellent physical shape, but can you guarantee that the tree can support your weight? Be careful and do not take rash actions, otherwise you will have to save not only the cat, but also you!
4. Bait food. If the cat’s first shock has already passed, try to lure her into a treat. Show your favorite bag of food or goodies. For greater effect, open the package so that the smell spreads. This method will work if the cat was able to pull itself “in its paws.” Unfortunately, a truly scared pet has no time for food.
How to remove a cat from a tree
5. Offer the cat a way. If the cat does not climb very high, the “gangway” will help to correct the situation, i.e. safe path from a height to the ground. As a ladder, you can use a strong wide board or stepladder. Just lean it against a tree and give the cat some time.
6. Use a ladder or stepladder. If climbing trees is a bad decision, then a ladder or stepladder is a great option. Just do not forget to get support for your safety: a ladder or ladder must be held. If safety is ensured, gently get up and save your furry mantle. And do not forget about the next paragraph (clause 7).
7. Wear a long-sleeved sweater or long tight gauntlets. Even if your cat is the most affectionate creature in the world, you cannot predict how it will behave in a stressful situation.
8. In case of failure, contact professionals. If your attempts fail, and the frightened cat has been sitting on the tree for several hours, it’s time to call the Ministry of Emergencies. Rescuers will return your fugitive home!
These actions will help remove the cat from the tree. But what you definitely can’t do is shake the tree, throw snowballs, sticks and other objects at the cat, try to scare it away, etc. All this can lead to unexpected and very unpleasant consequences. Be careful and careful!